Cropthorne is blessed with many beautiful properties and fine gardens. Those on the ridge above the river have large, sloping gardens down to the water, and there are many fine examples of cottage gardens along Cropthorne's main street.
There many gardens of all types are scheduled to be open for the 2018 Walkabout. The Walkabout represents an unique opportunity to see these gardens, which are not open at any other time during the year.
Many gardens are hosting other attractions, including a display of vintage and classic cars, classic motorcycles, refreshments, and a pet interaction experience for the children.
The gardens that are open have numbers by their gates. We are most grateful to all who open their gardens. Please respect the privacy of gardens that are not open. Thank you.
- BLACKSMITH LANE MINIATURE STEAM RAILWAY RIDES, ENGINES
- RIVERSIDE LODGE ORCHARD VIEWS LEADING DOWN TO RIVER AVON
- COURT THATCH GARDEN
- THE GRAYES GARDEN
- CROPTHORNE COURT GARDEN, CLASSIC CARS
- OLD SCHOOL HOUSE GARDEN (NEW)
- ST.MICHAEL’S CHURCH FLOWER FESTIVAL, ORGAN RECITALS, MUSIC
- CHURCHYARD CAKE STALL, BRIC-A-BRAC, TOMBOLA, MUSIC, MAGIC SHOW (MON ONLY)
- THE GRANARY GARDEN
- THE MANOR GARDEN
- STROYAN GARDEN
- THE HAWTHORNS GARDEN, PUTTING GREEN
- SOUTHERN COURT GARDEN, CLASSIC CARS
- THE SCHOOL MAYPOLE, MORRIS DANCERS, REFRESHMENTS, STALLS, TOILETS
- CROPTHORNE HOUSE GARDEN, WALKS WITH HAWKS, sponsored by Strickland Tracks
- HOLLAND HOUSE HISTORIC HOUSE, CREAM TEAS, GARDEN
- THE DEN TOILETS
- BROOK HOUSE GARDEN
- COLUMBARY HOUSE GARDEN, MOTORCYCLES, BOOKS, DOVECOTE, METAL ART
- BANK HOUSE GARDEN
- ROURKE’S DRIFT GARDEN
Teddy Bears might be in the gardens……